Christmas is such a happy time of year. Opening presents in your PJ's in the morning, and eating dinner together, with a lot of relaxing and being lazy in between. Being with family who sometimes drive you to madness, and sometimes bring a smile to your face. How I cherish you and your memories!
Family gatherings at Christmas time are always interesting, to say the least, but quite enjoyable! Today we met with my mom's side meaning there is a head count ranging between 50-60 people. Due to the large and forever increasing numbers, we've been meeting in a church building instead of an aunt or uncles' home for the past few years. This time the schedule of events were no different than years past. Socializing, food, more socializing, a white elephant gift exchange, and even more socializing.
It was great fun, especially the gift exchange where I and my cousin Jaime (who's married and has kids of her own mind you), fought over who would end up with the infamous 'Snuggie'. We tired different strategies of not passing the presents in order, but in the end I triumphed! Yes, that is correct. I have a 'Snuggie' of my very own now. And it's not just any 'Snuggie' it's a pink Breast Cancer Awareness 'Snuggie.' I even promised I would "wear it loud and proud," in honor of my aunt who is a survivor. What a tribute, huh?
Christmas is not over yet! I can't wait to see what tomorrow brings with Grandma and my dad's side. It should be fun and full of socks I presume.
Oh family, you are so crazy! But I love each and every one of you. :)
Sunday, December 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment