Saturday, December 19, 2009

Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow...

The whole state of Maryland is in a State of Emergency because of the blizzard that has decided to blow in starting late last night. It hasn't stopped snowing since, causing today to become a Snow Day! Luckily, I'm house-sitting for a nice family from church who are on vacation in Cancun, Mexico for the week. They have a lovey Bernese mountain dog, 2 fluffy cats, a cozy fireplace, flannel sheets and unlimited amounts of tea. Also, Beth has a couple friends visiting who were able to take part in the family's generosity by staying at the house as well. Unfortunatley for them, the snow has caused many problems when it comes to traveling home for the holidays. All flights were cancelled today and some airports on the East Coast were closed down. Therefore, the stress of rescheduling flights and making new plans for the journey home occured for most of the afternoon for them, making for unnessary anxiety. However, though inconvinient for some, flights did get situated but days inbetween now and their departure await.

Snow. Even though you are beautiful to look at, you can be so inconvient when it comes to getting out of this city. It's supposed to stop by tomorrow morning sometime, but I'm still a little nervous for Wednesday when I will be flying back to Ohio. I pray to God I get on my flight and make it into Dayton! I do NOT want to be spending Christmas in Baltimore.

But until then, I will enjoy spending time in this nice house. Even though it's a bit chilly, thankfully the power is still on and there is plenty of food to be eaten. No one will end up hungry or freezing. And it really does feel like Christmas now that the earth is covered in this beautiful mess!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers