Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Life Goes On..

It's with mixed feelings that I made my way back to Baltimore. There's an inner tug-of-war going on inside of my head, all the while also thinking of my future steps and what life will bring next. I've only just gotten close to completing my 4th month here, with more than that to go. This gives me a sinking feeling in my chest. Luckily, my soul is soaring with joy for the visits from multiple friends I have to look forward to very, very soon! My winter months will fly by with their help.

One sad realization I made sitting here in my bed in this place called my room, is that doesn't stop. Going home for Christmas and New Year's was such a relief in so many ways. Even if I ended up getting annoyed with my family. That's what happens, but thinking about it now nothing has really changed. My family is still there, with the same house, same people, same attitudes. So familiar. And that familiarity will always be there which is a comfort, but also tugs at my heart strings causing twangs of sadness. I miss the heartland already. But will preserver to make it through the rest of this year.

I hope you heard all of that God.

1 comment:

Followers