Saturday, November 21, 2009

Something Familiar

I want and crave the familiar, but the lines are becoming blurred. Life here in the city is becoming normal, regular, in a way familiar. While packing my bags to move to Baltimore and start MVS, I restricted myself from bringing some of my favorite things. Baby Bunny, blue Chuck Taylor high tops, messenger bag and scarves were all left behind in Ohio. Upon arriving in this new place with new people and new job, I quickly realized how my possessions became what connected me to home. What does that say about materialism and me? Maybe it is important to me, but I think it's more of a comfort to have the things you love, than to collect a bunch of junk. Luckily my mom mailed me what I missed and once I opened up the package I was filled with so much peace. I left like my life was a little more normal again, and not so surreal.

As of finding the familiar, I now miss my friends like crazy. I cannot wait until next week for Thanksgiving to see faces from my past, and then for Christmas to see more people than mean a lot to me.

So, if anyone ever wants to visit me and see the city of Baltimore, you are MORE than welcome! There's a free place to stay, food and good company waiting for you.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers