Monday, May 3, 2010

May Happenings!

May is off to a great start. Many retreats happening and visitors coming and events going on! However, the heat has started to rise and it's just not a good time had by all, except that I did switch rooms. Meaning I've taken over the guestroom with the help of Beth (which is much cooler than both our rooms combined) for the rest of the summer. But don't let that stop you from coming to visit!

A really great start to this month was a Unit Weekend Retreat to Palmerton/bizarr-o Jim Thorpe, PA. Both nestled in the Poconos. We stayed in a big, beautiful cabin on the top of a huge hill with a beautiful view of nature in every direction. A wonderful time to sit back, relax and just enjoy doing nothing. Not something that happens every day.

Today was the first of hopefully many bike rides around the city/neighboring hoods. Except I didn't use my new bike because I need to patch the front tire. But, that doesn't matter. I had a great time and forgot how much fun bikes can be!

Now it's time for Blindside, the movie with a happy Baltimore ending. I need to give it my full attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers