Sunday, October 11, 2009

Sunday Mornings

So, I decided that Sunday mornings are a good time to update this blog of mine. I am now unable to sleep in late because my body has decided it likes routine and wants to get up early every day as if I'm going to work. Unfortunately for me I don't go to work every day, otherwise I'd be set and probably not have to set an alarm every again in my life! Ok, that might be a stretch, but still...

Baltimore has more to offer than I originally realized. There are a lot more volunteer organizations and we've been getting connected with each other this past week. LVC, JVC, Mercy Corp, you name it. Some of them I have never heard of before, but I'm learning. Everyone seems pretty eager to get to know each other, which is pretty great and helps all of us not feel so alone in this new place surrounded by all of these new things and experiences.

I wish I had pictures to share, but my camera is not the greatest when it comes to holding battery life, and I've been too lazy to bring it with me different places. So it's my fault no one can see what I'm doing yet, but don't worry there will soon be documentation (I use "soon" as a loose term). However, something to look forward to on the 24th, my housemate Beth and I are going to partake in a Halloween Zombie Thriller dance that is scheduled in order to try and break the world record of the most people dancing at the same time! We get to dress up and need to learn some moves, and there is also an annual Lantern Parade that day as well which we will probably march in since we'll be out anyway. I'll definately get some pictures of this event!

Now it's time to get ready for church. We've all been set up with host families, so I'm excited to talk with mine today and get to know them this year! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers