Ok, so I've officially been working for 3 weeks! Yay, only 49 more to go! Phew, I shouldn't be keeping track..
So, I'm working at Project PLASE which is an organization for transitional housing, and it helps people who are homeless get back on their feet. Here's the website for those who want to get a better understanding of the organization I'm working for this year: http://projectplase.org/ There are 4 facilities where people can stay, and a new office building! We just moved last weekend and I now have a desk and shared office space with 2 others who haven't been around much so it feel much more real. Before I was just floating around looking for a computer, not really sure of what I was supposed to be doing. I'm still not 100% of what I have to do, but that'll come. After all it's only been 3 weeks.
Also, here is a full list of my positions and the descriptions that go along with that. It looks pretty daunting, but don't worry I haven't done too much yet because I am still training and getting an understanding of what exactly I'm doing with each of them, and they are all going to be take up a little bit of time each week so I'll get stuff done. So, for those who are interested, enjoy!
Position Description
Name of Organization: Project PLASE
Title of Position: Waitlist Coordinator/Client Liaison/Data Analysis/Administrative Assistant
Description of Position:
Waitlist Coordinator- Check messages on voicemail; Meet with scheduled appointments to complete intake; Answer incoming calls and provide referral and resources; Input and update information into CTK; When needed- Review appointments for the day; Check bed status of each facility; Run reports (waitlist).
Client Liaison- Working with a variety of different client-centered programs including:
- Client Advisory Board: Help to interview counselors to identify clients that could participate on board; interview clients t ascertain interest in serving on board; create mechanism to convene board, manage & record meetings; develop protocol for relaying feedback to and from advisory board.
- Client & Staff Speakers’ Bureau: Research launching a client & staff speakers bureau; review client & staff suitability with PLASE counselors; draw up speaker training plan; engage community organizations to find suitable venues for client speakers.
- GED tutoring: Work with the volunteer GED instructor, to provide one-on-one instruction to adults GED students in reading, writing, and basic math. Assist adult learners with earning their GED by studying math, writing, and reading; Completion of an online course “The Basics of Adult Literacy Education” (www.c-pal.net/course/); Completion of a Project PLASE orientation and tour.
- To be open to any other programs and opportunities to interact with clients through out the year. (e.g. Garden Harvest, Art classes, etc.)
Administrative Assistant: When needed- Serving as receptionist in Main Office, greeting clients, visitors, staff, etc. and directing calls, inquiries to appropriate individuals; Helping the Grants Administrator with data bases and client service reports; Assisting the Executive Director with administrative tasks, reports, etc; Sorting mail, and distributing. Sending group emails, newsletters and communiqués to staff, etc.; Typing and assisting with the presentation of various correspondences, grants, materials fitting to the missions and goals of Project PLASE, Inc.; Making calls as needed to support various administrative staff.; Helping to organize office files, etc.; Helping to organize, write, edit, etc. internal staff newsletter.; Assisting with writing, typing of reports, grants, proposals, letters, etc.; Data entry on client and program performance.
Data Analysis- Work with HUD (Housing and Urban Development) system to input and update client data; review and analyze data to keep it current; Run reports annually.

No comments:
Post a Comment