There are a few things I’ve been thinking about and have come to terms with. First, bad coffee is very easy to find. Not many people understand the importance of a good cup of joe. There’s a lot that goes into making a delectable drink that many don’t understand, and I have just begun to myself.
Second, free books=almost heaven! I love books. Period. Free ones are even better. Even if I don’t get through reading them, I just love what books are. Knowledge, entertainment, an escape from reality for a short bit of time, or more reality than one will truly know. “The Book Thing,” has become a very sacred place for me. Anyone is welcome to come in and pick out any number of books they desire, and leave a few of their old ones. Or not. I’ve tried to limit myself so that I’m not bogged down with literature, and have successfully done so I would say. So many books, so little time.
These revelations lead up to my third and final confession: I fit the profile for stuff white people like very well. If you check out the link to the website, you can see how accurate this statement is coming from my perspective (I agree with most in some way or another). Then you can decide for yourself if these allegations are correct. I usually feel like a poser, but I’ve come to accept that this it’s a generational thing and society has a lot of power when it comes to cultural preferences. Yes, I am a white person. Yes, I am not that original. Yes, I am at peace about it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

yay! have you seen my poser glasses? of course you have.
ReplyDeletedo you also like "where the wild things are"
HAHAHA!! Yes, I LOVE Where the Wild Things Are! That one's my favorite! Probs b/c I haven't read through them all yet. And I also LOVE your glasses. I want a pair myself! :)
ReplyDelete